Monday, January 19, 2009

Day One



In keeping with yesterday's post, I sat down here in the office at 9:00am and reviewed my new Facebook page. I joined yesterday to reconnect with people I've lost touch with. Then on to funds management, now down to planning the rest of the morning. Here is what it looks like outside right now...
Today is Martin Luther King Day. And tomorrow is the inauguration of Barack Obama. I am overwhelmed with pride in our country for electing Mr. Obama - because he's an intellectual, because he's articulate, because he's not persuaded by big business or special interest, because he speaks of the things that are important to me in a way that reflects how I feel, because we all had the courage to show the world that these things are what are important to us. I am proud of what we have collectively shouted - and relieved that we don't have to be embarassed by our former president any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment